Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Changes

I love Mexico. Mexico brings me joy and happiness like no other place on earth. However, la vida Mexicana, is hard - no doubt about it. There has been a long silence on my blog and today I am going to explain why. L and I have left Mexico.

As much as we love it there, it is just not realistic for our future.. The cost of living is high - and even with my university degree, we couldn't find jobs that could realistically work to live our everyday life there and save money for our envitable move back to Canada.

I have learned so much from my fellow blogger friends.. how some people yearn to live in their country with their spouse, but are unable to for whatever unfair immigration law of their country. I am lucky enough to have mine here with me, legally.. and for that, I am truly grateful.

Although it is not an easy decision (the transistion back has been anything but easy) I know deep down inside we made the right one. We are about three weeks away for applying for permanent residence for L (So exicting!!!) And slowly I am learning to love and see the beauty once again in my own country.

Since coming back, I have:
  • Gotten sick :(
  • Gotten a new job, yipee!
  • Experienced culture shock (never fun)
  • Learned how to finally stand up for myself.
 I am going to change the blog, if you all are still interested in reading my blog, after all! L and I have tons of exciting changes/plans coming up .. To all my new friends on here, I cannot thank you enough for all the support/kind words - This was not an easy decision for Len and I to return, though I am starting to see now it is for the best., :) I wanted to especially thank my great friend Shelly, most of the time I do not know what I would do without you! No words can describe how thankful I am for our friendship.. You are a fantastic, beautiful person and am so grateful for our friendship :)

Until next time,

xo

Milena

4 comments:

  1. Hi Milena! Change can be good. And well, you always have to do what's best for your family. One of the nicest things about blogger friends, is that you can stay friends no matter where you live.

    Looking forward to reading about this new chapter in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie! I think change can be good as well, and am hopeful this was the right move for my family.. if not, it can always be corrected! :) Thanks for the support!

    xo Milena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry things were not working out for you guys here in Mx. It is hard to get by here especially when you are used to certain things and making about three times as much money. Wishing you the best and hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa. It wasn't just about the money.. it was about how if we want to build a life in Canada.. We need to focus on that - I wish so much there was a way to do both, but its better to focus on one thing at a time and PR for L is more important for us than living in Mexico right now - that was our thought process anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete