Pages

Wednesday 28 December 2011

The New Year is Fast Approaching and..

It's time I made my New Years Resolutions list! Yes, I know it's a tad corny, but just roll with me. I have been doing some thinking over the past few days about my new year resolutions from last year and how I did with them. My major goal last year was to get into shape, and I am happy to say I followed through with that. Working out has made me more confident, less anxious, and less stressed in general which is what I wanted for myself. Since last years resolutions went well,and since I will be spending a majority of my time in Mexico this year, I have been thinking and asking myself what I would like to do this year and what would make me a better person. As something fun for my blog, I have decided to write a list and throughout the year I will make plans to accomplish my goal and will then write about it for all of you!

So without further a due,

My New Years Resolution list and set of goals for 2012!
  • Try and see the more positive side of things and work on being in control of my own happiness
  • Figure out what steps are needed to specialize my degree and work on how I can get to that goal
  • Adopt an animal from a shelter in Mexico.
  • Give back to the community 
  • Get Lenin his Permanent Residence.
  • Become fluent in Spanish. (I'm almost there on this one, but spanglish is not going to cut it anymore!)
  • Visit Europe, specifically Italy and Spain. (For my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary, they have decided to renew their vows in their hometown in Italy which we will be attending!)
  • Visit Montreal, Canada
  • Visit Merida, Mexico
  • Visit Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Now will all of these happen? I'd like to hope so, but who knows. If you don't try, than you never know, right?! What are your new years resolution lists? I would love to hear them!

Happy Almost New Years Everyone!!!

xoxo

Milena

3 comments:

  1. How exciting. I would love sneak into your suitcase when you travel to Italy. Cant wait to hear about some of the accomplishments. I too would like to stay in shape, I just started working out again after a month off, have to agree it does wonders for my stres levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does! I am an overly anxious person by nature (or nurture?) lol depending how you look at it, so exercising is great and really benefits your overall health.. do you work out at a gym or at home?

    Hehe, I'll pack you in my suitcase no problem! We are going to be going to a small town on a mountain for the ceremony and then off to the beach.. hopefully if our numbers are correct we will take a train over to Spain spend some time there as well!

    I am looking forward to your list Lisa, I hope you make one :D You are one of my favourite blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Thank you Milena. I will work on one and try and get it out this week. I work out in the house and sometimes go walking at the track with my sister in law.

    ReplyDelete